Nowadays everywhere you go you hear about someone being attacked or robbed or house broken into and it is so discouraging how this world is becoming.
Here are a few statistics from RAINN, the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network:
- 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime
- college-aged girls are four times more likely to be assaulted
- a violent crime occurs every 26 seconds
- a child is abducted every 40 seconds
So how can you protect yourself personally and in your business? Here are some tips:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Don’t put yourself into situations you can’t get yourself out of
- Always meet a client in a public place, never in your home or theirs
- Park on the street, not in the driveway. This will allow you to leave quickly if you need to.
- Take a picture of the address of where you are going, and text it to a friend
Most women are afraid of lethal protection and want something non-lethal. Non-lethal options are stun guns, pepper sprays and other personal protection products that will help her to disable an attacker so she can get away.
Melissa Barhorst has been married to her high school sweetheart Scott for 29 years and raised three daughters who are married and having children. She also has a 7 year old son.
Her whole life has been about those kids and her husband…until now! She has a new identity: stun gun lady!!
Damsel In Defense is a newer party plan company that has a mission to educate women with tips on how to stay safe while empowering them to protect their families from becoming statistics. Damsel also equips women with a product to purchase to help protect themselves and their families as well. Damsel In Defense is a business opportunity for women to make income to help support their families. We need more Independent Damsel Pros to get our products into the hands of unarmed women across our state as well as our nation. Damsel has been in existence for almost five years and she has been with them for almost 4 years. The mission and goals they have are bigger than she is, but she came out of her little world to spread what they are about. Her goal is to get every woman protected from assault and possibly save her life!